PLAYSTUDIOS INC Feb 2012 - Present
Design, Develop, Maintain, and Performance tune production databases in order to support millions of concurrent users and game players. Design reporting, analytics, and data warehouse for in house BI team. DB Security, Referential Integrity verification, Backup and Recovery plans, Automated backup and builds, Stored Procedures, Server Performance, Bottleneck Resolution, Server Health Checking / Monitoring, Management of Staging Environments, Mirroring, Redundancy, Rights management, ensuring auto fail overs, and 4/9's of up-time. Develop and test backup and restore plans, fire drill test, Availability Group development and testing, and db server management. Dev through Production.
LUMIDATA INC Nov 2010 - Feb 2012
Developed a fully automated ETL solution for some of the worlds largest retailers (Wal-Mart, SuperValu, Target, Dollar General) to import data in various formats (MDB, XLS, SQL, XML, EDI) DB Security, Referential Integrity verification, Backup and Recovery plans, Automated backup and builds, Stored Procedures, Server Performance, Bottleneck Resolution, Server Health Checking / Monitoring, Management of Staging Environments, Mirroring, Redundancy, Rights management, ensuring auto fail overs, and 4/9's of up-time and real time automated data importing for our clients.
CLOROX Nov 2009 - Nov 2010
D.B.A. responsible for the companies database building, optimization, performance tuning, and management of our databases. Including the sales database which houses all of the companies sales data for every product we sold.
SDI INC Jan 1998 - Nov 2009
Lead Developer on a disaster management & Continuity Of Operations system for FEMA and DOD called ContinuityNow. The system was made up of 2 ASP.Net websites originally developed in ASP classic, then ported to .Net. With a SQL Server back-end. I developed both front and back end coding for all 3 layers of the site. Developed back end coding including DB Design, Tables, Stored Procedures, Views and Functions. Ported site again to the DNN Framework. Developed custom modules in C# and worked within existing modules like List-X. While I was with SDI, I also developed various in house applications using c#, vb.net - c++ and vb classic with vb api.
Extensive development, design, and architecture with VLDB in the Government, Retail, and Video Game sector. OOP and Functional programming and AI architecture and development.
- T-SQL, CLR, PL-SQL
- x86 ASM
- COBOL / JCL
- Win 32 API
Framework & Software
- .NET 2.0 - .NET 4.5
- MSSQL AG
- MSSQL Log Shipping
- SSMS | SSIS | SSRS
- Visual Studio
- Red Gate DBA & Dev Toolbelt
- Red Gate SQL Monitor
- XNA Studio
- Walmart Retail Link
- Nielson DME
A listing of all my current DBA duties
- Installing and upgrading the database server and application tools
- Allocating system storage and planning future storage requirements for the database system
- Modifying the database structure, as necessary, from information given by application developers
- Enrolling users and maintaining system security
- Ensuring compliance with database vendor license agreement
- Controlling and monitoring user access to the database
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Planning for backup and recovery of database information
- Maintaining archived data
- Backing up and restoring databases
- Contacting database vendor for technical support
- Generating various reports by querying from database as per need.
- Game server hosting, administration of games, using a database.
New York University 1998 - 2007
phD Thesis on Artificial Intelligence and its application to Game and Number Theory specifically in 8 games. (H.O.R.S.E., 2-7 Tripple Draw, 2-7 Single Draw), Backgammon, Othello, Badugi, and Knock Rum. Extensive data security work dealing with multi-player game clients for gambling games where collusion is likely. Specifically Poker, and Spades.
All Microsoft Certifications are current through 2013 and are updated every 3 years or as exams are retired and or replaced.
- MCSE Data Platform
- MCSE Business Intelligence
- MCDBA SQL 2005, 2008, 2012
- MCIPT DBA 2012
- MCIPT Enterprise Admin
- MCIPT Database Developer